March 31st, 2009, by
Posted in News, Release, Translation , Tagged: Alice-Soft, Circus, Hyper All-star Hani Sentai Force Z, Kadokawa, mirror moon, Momoi Halko, Narcissu 2, Rance, Sekai Project, Squeez, True World, Tsukihime 2
For some strange reason, every April 1st, there is a flood of website updates around the world, often with new announcements. As with last year, we are including a list of translation project updates. For a list of updates from other websites, you can check a strangely named thread on the Gemot.
Note: the [NSFW] tag means not safe for work, and may include 18+ content.
[NSFW] Sekai Project announces that they will be working on Squeez’s Teach Me! Yuiko Sensei – The Sex Education Lesson for Adults!! (おしえて！唯子先生 【エッチ】を覚える大人の性教育レッスン！！)
Update: April Fool’s. The page has been restored.
The red moon has risen at mirror moon, which usually signals a new release.
However, there has been no announcement yet.They have released Tsukihime 2 English today, a year after announcing the project. More information is available in their news post
Update: Confirmed to be an OEL parody work of Tsukuhime.
- Not a translation, but the Daily Momo-i TIMES informs us that Bottomless’s Omakase! Trouble Angel (おまかせ！とらぶる天使) has finally been released, although four years late. It was mentioned in our interview with Momoi Halko at Anime North 2008. (April Fool’s)
- Agilis has posted pictures of Narcissu 2 Carry-on Edition, which he says is nearing release.
- Hyper All-star Hani Sentai Force Z and Rance-sama have announced that they will be translating the entire Rance series of games from Alicesoft, or at least the older ones, which were released as freeware.
- In another announcement from AstCd2, True World 〜真実の世界〜 will be localized by the usual group of suspects. True World is a game by Circus and Kadokawa, released with the first press editions of volume 6 of the Welcome to the NHK (NHKにようこそ！) manga.
The Sonozaki Futago-tachi, who released their translation of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni’s first chapter, Onikakushi-hen, in January, have received a response from 07th Expansion regarding the their translation. Unfortunately, they have been asked to decided to cease work and stop distribution of their patch. This could be interesting for the various other 07th Expansion translation projects out there.
Update: They have removed the download links.
Update: April Fool’s. They have now released an updated version of the patch, available on their download page. However, it is still true that they received a response from BT of 07th Expansion, but to a more positive effect.
- Not quite visual novel news, but Hendane, Inc. has announced an unexpected partnership with a certain famous doujin game creator, who likes hats and armpits.
A toast to the hard working people at Yandere Translations, who have released the translation of the first 1/3 of Alicesoft’s Sengoku Rance. There are bugs seeing as this is a teaser patch, but the project seems to be moving along nicely.
Update: We are now have a direct download link available for the Japanese version of the game, which you must apply the patch to, in our new downloads section.
Update: Confirmed to be a real patch.
We got caught linking our direct download of Sengoku Rance to MOU IKKAI. We have replaced the link now.
- In an (un)expected update from JAST USA, we find out not only that Shingo is alive, but also that they are busy reallocating their resources in these hard economic times. They have reallocated 12,000 april fool’s joke personnel from Redmond, WA, USA to instead work on the translation of Family Project (家族計画). See their update for more information.